Brochure Type: South America 2018
From the clouds of the Andes to the birthplace of the sun, this trek through Peru's altiplanos and the famous floating Uros Islands traces the rich traditions and ancient past of the Incas and their ancestors-a celebration of chicha toasts, bold colours and hilltop fortresses.
- City tour in Lima and Cusco
- Cruise Lake Titicaca
- Scenic drive through the Sacred Valley
- Iconic train journey aboard the Vistadome train
- Visit the outdoor market at Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman ruins, the Uros Islands
- 9 breakfasts
- 5 dinners
- 3 lunches (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- A Trafalgar bonus - All Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Juliaca and Juliaca to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 621-2662 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13704307
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lima||Arrive Lima (2 Nights): Bienvenidos a Lima. Upon arrival, you will warmly greeted and taken to your luxury hotel in fashionable Miraflores. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at 6 p.m.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Lima||Lima Sightseeing: Enjoy a leisurely morning before meeting your Local Specialist for a city tour of Lima's highlights. See Lima's ancient districts and visit the Church of San Francisco. Explore the impressive underground catacombs along with a religious art museum and extensive library. Later, join your Travel Director for a guided walk through the Miraflores neighbourhood.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Sacred Valley||Lima - Cusco - Sacred Valley: Fly to Cusco this morning. On the way to the Sacred Valley, stop to meet a Shaman who will perform a Pago a la Tierra (Payment to Mother Earth) ceremony, an ancient ritual of the Andean culture and Cultural Insight to bless your trip. Enjoy a farm-to-table Be My Guest lunch where you'll learn about the culture surrounding the production of Giant White Corn in the Sacred Valley. Your hosts will demonstrate the difference between the farming techniques of years past and the newer technologies now used. You'll also have the chance to watch a traditional dance of the Marinera and experience the showmanship of the Peruvian Paso horses. Later, explore the vibrant handicraft market of Pisac.Continental Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining, Dinner|
Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel and Wellness
|Day 4||Machu Picchu||Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu: This morning, visit the Inca stronghold of Ollantaytambo before heading toward Machu Picchu aboard the Vistadome train (light snack included). Panoramic views of the valley and mountains are sure to delight. Once you arrive at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, explore the stunning ruins of this once-great fortress with a Local Specialist. Visit the great Temple of the Sun, the House of the Priest, the Sacred Plaza and the intricately carved Intihuatana. Later, if you're interested, a cooking class will be offered by the hotel's head chef where you can learn how how to prepare Peruvian ceviche and mix the perfect pisco sour. Dinner is served at the hotel this evening. Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Sumaq Machu Picchu
|Day 5||Cusco||Machu Picchu - Cusco (2 Nights): Return to Machu Picchu and continue exploring on your own. Travel back to the Sacred Valley by train. Learn about the natural dyeing techniques used by native weavers as they show their various weaving styles and ways of dress, a Cultural Insight. Visit a local chicheria to learn about chicha, a Cultural Insight and favourite drink of the Andes. Your evening is free.Full Breakfast|
Palacio del Inka, a Starwood Luxury Collection Hotel Authentic Accommodation
|Day 6||Cusco||Cusco Sightseeing: Meet a Local Specialist and begin the day with a visit to Sacsayhuaman, an impressive site of ruins towering over Cusco and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Cathedral, a stunning example of colonial architecture that was completed in 1694 after over 100 years of construction. Also visit bohemian San Blas, a unique neighbourhood with artisan shops and craft workshops. Stroll the cobblestone streets and admire the Incan Walls. Meet an anthropologist, your Local Specialist, from the renowned National University of Antonio Abad in Cusco and gain insight into Peru's history, geography and culture. Tonight, enjoy a your choice dining experience, giving you the option to dine at one of several local restaurants.Full Breakfast, Your Choice Dining|
|Day 7||Puno||Cusco Sightseeing - Juliaca - Puno (2 Nights): In the morning, fly to Juliaca where you will meet your Local Specialist to learn about daily life on the Peruvian Altiplano. After an included lunch, visit Sillustani, a lakeside pre-Incan burial ground. Explore its chullpas (above ground tombs) before arriving in Puno along the shores of magnificent Lake Titicaca. Enjoy breathtaking views of the lake at sunset.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Libertador Lake Titicaca
|Day 8||Puno||Lake Titicaca Excursion: Cruise beautiful Lake Titicaca with a Local Specialist. Discover the floating islands constructed out of reeds by the Uros Indians. Set out for Taquile Island and a private tour where you'll meet local Quechua-speaking villagers, known for their knitting and weaving techniques. Learn more about the culture of the people living on the island and enjoy a Regional Meal luncheon. Tonight, dinner is at a favourite local restaurant in Puno.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal, Dinner|
|Day 9||Lima||Puno - Juliaca - Lima: This morning, your journey continues with a flight to Lima. Take advantage of some free time this afternoon. Tonight, experience one of Lima's most renowned museums after dark. Join a Local Specialist on a visit to the Larco Museum, full of pre-Columbian artefacts such as jewelry, ceramics and pots that offer insight into the cultures of ancient Peru. You'll then sit down to a gourmet Farewell Dinner of Peruvian dishes, as you overlook the museum's beautiful gardens; a night of great food and culture celebrating your Peruvian holiday.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 10||Depart Lima||Depart Lima: Say hasta luego to Peru and transfer to the airport for your flight home, or if you like, extend your stay at the Hilton Miraflores.Full Breakfast|
- All 2017 departures will operate as per the 2017 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class