Brochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2017
Enjoy a taste of 'la dolce vita' and explore the larger-than-life verve of an ancient city that has influenced the world's heritage, art, culture and religion. Sit on the Spanish Steps with a gelato, admire Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling at the Sistine Chapel and enjoy dinner in the midst of three centuries of art, history and antiquities at the Vatican Museums.
- City tour in Rome
- View the Spanish Steps, Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers and the ancient sites of Rome including Circus Maximus
- Visit the Roman Catacombs, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum and Tivoli Gardens at Villa d'Este
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 1 lunch
- Vatican Experience In the midst of three centuries of art, history and antiquities at the Vatican's Missionary Ethnological Museum, enjoy a private guided tour and exclusive dinner.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (940) 325-4418 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153386
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (7 Nights): Welcome to Rome, capital of Italy. Relax after check-in at your centrally located hotel, or take a leisurely stroll through the city's ancient streets. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a traditional pizzeria Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome City Highlights Walking tour and Catacombs Visit: After a leisurely start enjoy a walking tour with a Local Specialist through some of the oldest streets in Rome. Visit the famous Spanish Steps immortalised in many Italian movies and the Trevi Fountain where you will stop to toss coins over your shoulder and make a wish to return to Rome. Visit inside the breathtaking Pantheon and marvel at the most preserved and influential building of ancient Rome. See some of the impressive squares and admire the many monuments including Bernini's Fountain of Four Rivers. Enjoy free time in Piazza Navona for lunch and a gelato. This afternoon leave the city centre and visit the ancient catacombs with a Local Specialist for a fascinating insight into Christian history in the city.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Rome||Rome Market Visit and Cooking Experience: Today experience life like a local in this bustling and vibrant capital city. Visit a local food market for a Cultural Insight with your insider host and select delicious local ingredients. Take a walk through the Jewish quarter and try focaccias and other delicious specialities in the neighbourhood bakeries. Arrive at Fooxia for a cooking course with a professional chef and learn how to make proper Italian pasta. Enjoy a delicious lunch with typical Italian hospitality. There's time afterwards to explore the city on your own or simply relax and watch the world go by.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 4||Rome||Rome At Leisure or Optional Experience to Pompeii: A completely free day to explore the city. Your Travel Director will give you some ideas and suggestions on how to spend your day. Alternatively you may wish to take an Optional Experience to visit the renowned excavations at Pompeii. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Rome||Rome - Vatican Experience: Enjoy your morning at leisure, exploring the magnificent historic sites of Rome, indulging in its cafe culture and perhaps even a shopping experience to Via Condotti. This afternoon, gain priority access to the Vatican Museums where a Local Specialist will take you on a guided tour. Admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and meet an official representative of the Vatican Museums during your private guided tour of the Missionary Ethnological Museum, founded by Pope Pius XI in 1926, with its remarkable collection of artworks and historical relics from missions all over the world. You'll also enjoy an exclusive after hour's dinner at the museum amidst three centuries of Vatican art, history and antiquities. Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Rome||Ancient Rome Sightseeing: This morning after a leisurely start visit ancient Rome with a Local Specialist. Visit inside the impressive Colosseum and see the Circus Maximus where chariot races were once held. Later travel to Tivoli for a guided visit with a Local Specialist of the UNESCO World Heritage Italian gardens of Villa d'Este. The architectural elements and water features here had an enormous influence on European landscape design.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Rome||Rome At Leisure and Roman Farewell Dinner: Your last day in the city is completely yours to explore further or do last minute shopping for souvenirs. Your Travel Director will be able to suggest activities such as museums, shopping or sightseeing in the city. In the early evening meet for a unique Cultural Insight. Enjoy a Roman Farewell Dinner with a local family in their Isola Tiberina apartment. This apartment formerly belonged to film director Michelangelo Antonioni amongst other famous inhabitants. Today it is the home of Fabio and either he or other members of his family will host you for a delicious meal with your fellow travel companions.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast, say farewell to Rome and your newfound friends as you prepare to return home after a memorable week in one of the world's greatest cities. Transfers to Rome Fiumicino Airport are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class