Brochure Type: At Leisure USA and Canada 2017
The White House, Liberty Bell and Times Square - see some of the United States' most famous landmarks in this gentle discovery of great American cities.You'll enjoy Insider moments like? passing through sculpted iron gates on your way to look around Cornelius Vanderbilt's palatial mansion in Newport - the socialite called it his 'cottage'. And, of course, it's seeing the iconic sights of Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, New York and Boston.
- City tour in Washington, D.C. and New York City
- Orientation of Boston
- View the Liberty Bell, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and the Statue of Liberty
- Visit Independence National Park, Battery Park, "Top of the Rock" and Newport, Rhode Island
- 7 full breakfasts.
- 3 dinners.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (940) 325-4418 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13153534
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Washington, DC||Arrive Washington, D.C. (2 Nights): Welcome to Washington, D.C. Your leisurely exploration of America's favourite East Coast metropolises begins in the nation's capital. Get settled at your hotel and step out on your own to get acquainted with the city. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown
|Day 2||Washington, DC||Washington, D.C. Sightseeing and At Leisure: Immerse yourself in the proud heritage of a nation today as you join a Local Specialist to view the White House, the striking Washington Monument and the sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the somber World War II Memorial. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to chart your own course through America's capital city. Visit one of the Smithsonian Institution's renowned museums or stroll around Dupont Circle, designed by Pierre Charles L'Enfant just after the Civil War.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||New York||Washington, D.C. - Philadelphia - New York City (3 Nights): Travel up the Atlantic seaboard to the City of Brotherly Love where you can walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin. View Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell and enjoy some time on your own to explore Independence National Historic Park. Then it's on to New York City. Take it easy or venture out to the pulsating streets of Times Square before dinner at a Manhattan restaurant.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
New York Hilton Midtown
|Day 4||New York||New York Sightseeing and At Leisure: Take a bite out of the Big Apple today on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Specialist. See the towering Empire State Building, the mirrored peak of the iconic Chrysler Building and expansive Central Park, designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. Visit Battery Park with views of the Statue of Liberty, a gift from the people of France. Then ride the elevator to the "Top of the Rock", the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building, for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan. The afternoon and evening are yours to enjoy-take in a Broadway show, visit the American Museum of Natural History, or just explore the bustling streets, soaking up the atmosphere of one of the world's greatest cities.Full Breakfast|
|Day 5||New York||New York City At Leisure: Enjoy an entire day on your own in the city that never sleeps. From the shops on 5th Avenue, including the famous Tiffany's featured in Audrey Hepburn's iconic role in Breakfast at Tiffany's, to the moving National September 11 Memorial and Museum, the possibilities are endless.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Boston||New York - Newport - Boston (2 Nights): Make your way from New York to another iconic city of New England, Boston. On your way, stop in Newport, the beautiful seaside town and one time destination for the Vanderbilts, Astors and Carnegies. See the rows of mansions along Ocean Drive before touring The Breakers, the 70-room Italianate palace Cornelius Vanderbilt called his "cottage." Arrive in Boston, awash in history, from the Old North Church-made famous in Longfellow's poem about Paul Revere's midnight ride-to the Cambridge campus of Harvard University, the nation's oldest institute of higher learning, founded just a few years after Boston itself. Later, get to know Boston beer, a Cultural Insight, with a tour and tasting at a local brewery.Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Boston Marriott Copley Place
|Day 7||Boston||Boston At Leisure: Explore Boston on your own today. Rise early and hit the streets-or sleep late and enjoy a leisurely breakfast with a copy of the Boston Globe. Explore many of the city's most famous sights. Stroll the green spaces of the Boston Common and take a summertime ride on one of the famous Swan Boats in the Public Garden, get lucky enough to catch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park, or discover the continental art collection at the lovely Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, designed to resemble a 15th century Venetian palace. Tonight, raise a glass with your newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Boston||Depart Boston: This morning, say farewell to "The City on a Hill". A transfer is provided to Boston Logan International Airport or choose to extend your stay in Boston.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: These departures will operate per the 2016 brochure. Hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class