Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2017
Admire the vivid colours and delicious scents of Britain's blooms as you ramble through manicured gardens and untamed natural landscapes. See the world-famous Kew Gardens, the luscious rose buds at RHS Garden Wisley and the maze at Hampton Court Palace before enjoying a ride on the Bluebell Railway and visiting the award-winning gardens of Hever Castle.
- City tour in London
- Orientation of Brighton
- Enjoy a ride on one of England's famous steam trains - the Bluebell Railway
- View Canterbury Cathedral
- Visit Kew Gardens, RHS Garden Wisley, Hampton Court Palace, Capability Brown's Sheffield Park and Gardens, the National Trust White Cliffs of Dover conservation project, Vita Sackville-West's Sissinghurst Gardens, Hever Castle and Winston Churchill's Chartwell. Tickets for Chelsea Flower Show are included on certain departures.
- 8 full breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- 1 cream tea (Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Use of Trafalgar's London Reception Centre offering a range of services including tickets for day trips and local attractions
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your Trafalgar London hotel
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfers page link below for details
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (631) 226-0606 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358184
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (3 Nights): After checking in at your hotel, why not explore the city of London? Whether you stroll through one of the Royal Parks, shop in the vibrant West End or visit one of the world-famous historical attractions, London has plenty to keep you entertained. Later meet with your Travel Director and fellow companions for a traditional English pub Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||London||London Sightseeing and Excursion to Kew Gardens: See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace on your half-day introductory sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist. This afternoon enjoy an included visit to the Kew Gardens. This botanical garden is known as the world's most famous - a UNESCO World Heritage Site comprising centuries of royal history. Explore inside the vast Victorian glasshouses and see the indoor galleries. Here you will take an included 40-minute bus tour around part of the garden. Tonight consider joining your Travel Director for dinner at a lively restaurant or perhaps take in a West End show.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||London||Excursion to the RHS Garden Wisley and Hampton Court Palace: This morning travel to the pleasant RHS Garden Wisley. Renowned as the flagship garden of the Royal Horticultural Society, Wisley captures the imagination with richly planted borders, luscious rose gardens and the state-of-the-art glasshouse. Here you will enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing guided walking tour in parts of the garden. You will then have free time for lunch in one of the restaurants in the grounds. This afternoon visit Hampton Court Palace, the most modern, sophisticated and magnificent palace of its age. See the vast Tudor kitchens and the tapestries in the Great Hall with a Local Specialist. Lose yourself in the most famous Maze and visit the Privy Garden.Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||London||London - Sheffield Park and Gardens - Bluebell Railway - Eastbourne (2 Nights): This morning travel south and visit Sheffield Park and Gardens. The National Trust acquired this property in 1954 and the garden comprises four large lakes and a variety of rare trees and shrubs. The magnificent landscaping of the garden was laid out in the 18th century by Capability Brown. From Sheffield Park enjoy a ride on one of England's most famous steam trains - the Bluebell Railway. Later arrive in Eastbourne for a two night stay, and enjoy a Regional Meal at a local restaurant.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
The Grand/Hilton Avisford/Hilton Brighton/The Cavendish/The View
|Day 5||EASTBOURNE||Eastbourne - Excursion to Brighton: After a leisurely start enjoy a drive along the coast to Brighton. Thanks to the Prince Regent the town has always enjoyed a reputation for elegance, fun and architecture. You may decide to visit the impressive Brighton Pavilion or shop for interesting items in "The Lanes" which form a retail, leisure and residential area near the seafront, characterised by narrow alleyways following the street pattern of the original fishing village. Perhaps enjoy fish and chips for lunch before returning to your hotel. This evening is free to dine at one of the local restaurants.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||County Towns of Kent||Eastbourne - Dover - Canterbury - Mount Ephraim Country House - County Towns of Kent (2 Nights): Travel to Dover for a Cultural Insight into the history of the White Cliffs of Dover. Learn about the significance of the cliffs and the conservation thereof. Later visit Canterbury which is a historic English cathedral city. Parts of the city have been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Thomas Becket's murder at Canterbury Cathedral in 1170 led to the Cathedral becoming a place of pilgrimage for Christians worldwide and this pilgrimage later provided the theme for Geoffrey Chaucer's 14th century literary classic 'The Canterbury Tales'. You will have free time to explore the city before enjoying a delicious Be My Guest cream tea at Mount Ephraim Country House later this afternoon. Then it is on to your hotel in Kent for a two-night stay.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining, Dinner|
Mercure Tunbridge Wells/Mercure Great Danes/Ashford International
|Day 7||County Towns of Kent||Excursion to Sissinghurst Gardens: After a leisurely start this morning, visit the beautiful gardens at Sissinghurst. This garden was created in the 1930s by Vita Sackville-West, poet and gardening writer, and her husband Harold Nicolson, author and diplomat. Sissinghurst's garden is one of the best-loved in the whole of the United Kingdom, drawing visitors from all over the world. The garden itself is designed as a series of "rooms", each with a different character of colour and/or theme, divided by high clipped hedges and pink brick walls.Full Breakfast|
|Day 8||London||County Towns of Kent - Hever Castle - Chartwell - London: Enjoy a visit to Hever Castle for a guided tour of these award-winning formal gardens. Each garden has its own style and character, from the giant topiary chess set and herb collection of the Tudor Garden to the magnificent Pompeiian Wall and collection of classical statuary in the Italian Garden. The celebrated Rose Garden contains over 4,000 roses within its walls, and there's an impressive herbaceous border stretching over 100 metres. You will also have an included ticket to see inside the castle itself at your own pace. The oldest part of the castle dates to 1270 and it has become well known as the childhood home of its most famous inhabitant, Anne Boleyn - wife of Henry VIII. Later travel a short distance to visit Chartwell, where Sir Winston Churchill lived with his wife until his death in 1965. Now owned by the National Trust, the house and gardens have been beautifully preserved. Return to London this evening where you will enjoy a Farewell Dinner.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart London||Depart London: Say goodbye to your fellow travellers at the end of your holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Full Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class