Italy and Greece are steeped in history with a treasure trove of ancient sites and scenic beauty. On this affordable Italy & Greece tour, you'll see the fantastic features these countries have to offer, starting in Rome and ending in Athens. In Italy, you'll stay in Rome, and the Florence and Venice areas; in Greece, you'll stay in Olympia, Nauplia, and Athens. You'll also spend one night on a ferry-crossing of the Adriatic Sea from Ancona, Italy to Patras, Greece.Visit Rome with a local guide who brings ancient Imperial Rome back to life as you pass the Colosseum. Enjoy must-see sights, including Piazza Signoria, in the center of Florence; Juliet's balcony in the medieval town of Verona; and Pisa's famous Leaning Tower. In Venice, take a boat ride to St. Mark's Square for some relaxation and people-watching. While in Venice, you'll have the opportunity to watch glassblowers create works of art as they have done for centuries. Step back in time on your visit to Athens' Acropolis and the Parthenon, dating back to the 5th century BC and the most accurate indication of the influence and wealth of Athens at its greatest peak. Also visit Mycenae, dating back to 1350 to 1200 BC, where you'll marvel at the arches, fountains, ramparts, and amazing masonry still standing. All of these elements come together perfectly to create a value-minded Italy and Greece tour like no other!
Call 1 (866) 489-4889 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14978466
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Italy's ancient capital using your CosmosGO app. This evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.|
|Day 2||Rome||The 'Eternal City' is steeped in history, vibrantly alive and exciting, and absolutely unique! Included sightseeing with a Local Guide starts with St. Peter's Square and Basilica. Other highlights are the iconic Colosseum, the largest amphitheater ever built and Circus Maximus. An optional visit is available to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, world famous for Michelangelo's The Last Judgment. (B)|
|Day 3||Florence||Vistas of rolling hills, cypress trees, vineyards, olive groves, and rural villages form the backdrop of your journey through beautiful Tuscany. Stop in Pisa and enjoy a mini-train ride to see the Square of Miracles and the amazing Leaning Tower, then on to the Florence area. End the day by joining the optional Tuscan dinner in a typical restaurant. (B)|
|Day 4||Florence||This Renaissance gem and city of the Medicis will keep you enthralled the entire day. Don't miss out on the included walking tour with a Local Guide, which features most of the city highlights. You will see Piazza Santa Croce; beautiful Piazza Signoria; Palazzo Vecchio and its courtyard; Loggia dei Lanzi; and, to top it all, Piazza del Duomo and its cathedral with the Giotto Campanile. Later, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Venice||Journey north to enchanting Verona to see the legendary balcony from Romeo and Juliet and spend some time at leisure strolling around Market Square. Continue to the Venice area. (B)|
|Day 6||Venice||Venice is more like a marvelous film set than a real-life city, with its crisscrossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and quiet little piazzas. Take a BOAT RIDE to St. Mark's Square and enjoy time at leisure and a chance to watch Venetian GLASSBLOWERS at work. Don't miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Overnight Ferry Crossing to Patras||Travel across the flatlands of the Po Delta to reach Ancona on the shores of the Adriatic, to embark on the FERRY for the crossing to Patras. (B)|
|Day 8||Olympia||During the crossing, enjoy all the ship's facilities. Disembark in Patras and drive south into the Peloponnese to Olympia. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Nauplia||Enjoy time at leisure, or make the most of this morning by taking the optional tour of the sites of ancient Olympia, including the ruins of the Temple of Zeus. In the afternoon, enjoy the rugged scenery of the Peloponnese on the way to Nauplia. This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Athens||Make a morning visit with a Local Guide to the impressive ruins of MYCENAE, an ancient city of Homer's epics. Later, stop to view the Corinth Canal, which was built between 1881 and 1893. (B)|
|Day 11||Athens||Join the included sightseeing tour of Athens, featuring the highlights of the ancient capital and a visit to the ACROPOLIS. Explore the shops and museums or take a trip to the coast to swim. In the evening, enjoy the lively atmosphere of the tavernas in the old Plaka district with its narrow streets and sound of bouzouki music, or join an optional Greek dinner. (B)|
|Day 12||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Supplement for single room on land: $540No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $118-$138, in twin / in triple $80-$97Extra nights per person in Athens:in single room $110, in twin $77, in triple $64between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).